The Collaborative is currently organizing Onslow County’s first mental health/substance use seminar in early 2018!
One of the key pillars to tackling our local heroin and suicide crisis is providing education to families and youth, which then empowers them through knowledge. It’s the goal of the seminar to educate and inform families, youth, and local leadership throughout Onslow County.
We are still in the early stages of planning the venue of the seminar, as well as the exact dates. We will post updates here as soon as we get them!
The seminar will include breakout sessions that will cover various topics and will be taught by local providers and specialists. We are accepting applications now for those who would like to facilitate a breakout session. There is no cost for anyone to facilitate a breakout session, and applications are due November 30, 2017.BREAKOUT FACILITATOR APPLICATION
- The seminar will be on a Saturday between late February and mid-March.
- Brunch will be provided with a keynote speaker.
- The event will be free to the community.
- Vendor applications will be open soon, registration fee is $35 for the day.
- Individual breakout sessions will be available covering various topics.
If you would like to help with this event, click here.
We’ll keep you updated as we move forward – are you excited?!
Share this Post