Why we exist.
The mission of the Onslow Community Collaborative shall be to act as a forum for collaboration, advocacy, and action among families, agencies serving children, youth and families, and community partners from Onslow County.
The Vision is to promote sharing of resources, accessibility, and accountability across communities by ensuring that children, youth, and families are healthy, safe and successful at home, in school, and in their communities.
Representing: Self, students, and families.
Dan has been a long-standing member of the Collaborative and helped reform and grow the OCC.
As a growing community organizer, Dan also works with juvenile justice, reentry, and public policy. Dan’s education and experience brings unique perspectives to the Collaborative leadership.
Representing: Students, children, and families.
Representing: Lower Cape Fear Hospice
System of Care.
The Collaborative strives to follow System of Care principles and values as follows:
It Takes a Village.
All stakeholders are welcome.
The Collaborative especially encourages participation from the following:
- Certified Family Partners
- Parents/Guardians/Family Member
- System of Care Coordinators
- Mental Health Providers
- Substance Use Providers
- Intellectually or Developmentally Disabled Providers
- Prevention/Early Intervention Service Providers
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Public Safety – Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice
- Department of Public Instruction
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Local Interagency Coordinating Council
- Child Advocacy Center
- Office of the Courts
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Member of Faith Community
- Nonprofit Agency
- Police Department
- Sheriff Department
- Health Department
- Parks & Recreation
- Elected Officials
- City/County Management